We have introduced a number of measures to insure that our patients, staff and visitors remain safe and Social Distancing measures are adhered to.
We request that you:
- Keep a 2 metre distance between yourself and other patients and staff at all times
- On entry there is hand sanitiser available that we ask that all use before entering the reception
- Please follow the signage once entered.
- Seating is clearly marked which has been placed at 2 metre distances from the next available seating.
- Please remain seated on the marked seating until your name is called for your appointment.
- We request that only the patient attends for his/her appointment. Anyone attending with the patient could be asked to wait outside the premises. The exceptions to this would be carers, and also we ask that only one parent accompanies a child who has been asked to attend the practice.
- The waiting area can only accommodate about 8 patients at any one time, so we ask that you stick to your appointment time.
- If you arrive late there, you may not be seen and alternative arrangements may be offered.
- If you arrive early you may be asked to leave and attend again at your appointment time.
- If you have a face mask, we would encourage you to wear it. Face masks are available on request at reception.
- If you have received information on shielding, please let us know and we will try to make arrangements for you to be seen when the practice is less busy, or we may ask you to use an alternative entrance.
DO NOT ATTEND THE SURGERY UNLESS ASKED TO DO SO AND DO NOT ATTEND FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT MORE THAN 10 MINUTES BEFORE AS YOU MAYBE ASKED TO WAIT OUTSIDE OR IN YOUR CAR.
If you have been asked to attend the practice because it is suspected that you maybe suffering from COVID-19, you will be seen within our dedicated RED ZONE.
We request that you:
- Adhere to the appointment time you have been given
- Telephone the practice upon arrival to the Car Park. DO NOT ENTER THE BUILDING.
- A GP will contact you when they are ready to see you and will meet you at the Practice Gate.
- You will be asked to put on a Face Mask, they will then escort you into our dedicated RED ZONE. The GP's will be in full PPE but please do not be alarmed.
- Once you have been seen you will then be escorted back out the way that you came into the building and before exiting our dedicated area you will be asked to take off any PPE that you have on and dispose of this into our Clinical Waste Bin.
We are now making appointments for most of our Nursing Services although a number of these maybe in a different way. Please contact the surgery if you wish to find out further details.
Diabetic & Asthma/COPD reviews are now being carried out virtually, this maybe by telephone or video consultation. You will be sent an appointment and information that we require in preparation for this appointment. Please make yourself available to receive contact.
Please contact the surgery if you become unwell.
You can order your medication in the normal way that you do currently. My Health Online is available (prescriptions only) and also our dedicated email for ordering firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a new External Postbox outside of the building, please post any medication requests into this box. Please prepare your requests prior to attending the surgery as we will no longer be providing this within the foyer. This is due to new Social Distancing measures that have been put in place.
PLEASE NOTE: Processing time will now be 48hrs
All patients requesting medication will now need to nominate a pharmacy for the prescription to be collected. Requests will not be processed unless this information is provided. This, I am sure you will understand, has been put in place to reduce the amount of patients that come to the surgery and will protect our staff and doctors to enable us to continue providing our medical services to our patients.
We ask that you only request your current medications and do not stockpile. This behaviour may cause a shortage of essential medicines.
Chemists are now open as normal but with some still closed 1pm-2pm. Please check with your local pharmacy for full details
PLEASE ALLOW at least 72HRS before collecting your prescription after requesting at the surgery. Please do not ring the surgery until after this time as we will not be aware of where your medication is within the pharmacy processing.
Information and Help is available to those who have received a shielding letters. Please click on the Further Information – Shielding on our website for all the details and contacts.